HMS Ophir BL16520_030
SS OPHIR. Interior of the Saloon from the Gallery. Photographed by Bedford Lemere in 1901 for Anderson Anderson & Co. From 1891 the liner was owned by the Orient Steamship Company and carried passengers to and from Australia via Aden and Colombo. In this year, 1901, she was on temporary service as a royal yacht (HMS Ophir), carrying the future King George V and his wife Mary to open the Australian Federal Parliament in Melbourne. Requisitioned for the war effort in 1915, she was returned to the owners in 1918, but was not refitted and was broken up in 1922.
Purchase HMS OPHIR BL16520_030
Photographic Print, Framed Print, Mouse Mat, Photo Mug, Canvas Print from English Heritage.