Wrest Park Orangery K021178
WREST PARK HOUSE AND GARDENS, Bedfordshire. An interior view of the Orangery c1835 designed by Thomas Philip, 2nd Earl de Grey showing chimneypiece from the old house, sculpture and tiled floor. Dappled sunlight filtering through the glass roof.
Entrance Hall, Eltham Palace N080561
ELTHAM PALACE, London. Interior view. Light filters down from the glass domed roof illuminating the Entrance Hall.
Darwin's study, Down House J980003
DOWN HOUSE, Downe, Kent. Interior view of the Old Study.
Osborne House J030034
OSBORNE HOUSE, East Cowes, Isle of Wight. Interior view of the Drawing Room. Some items shown maybe on loan from the Royal Collection.
Chiswick House J040114
CHISWICK HOUSE, Hounslow, London. Interior view of the Palladian style first floor link building.
English Heritage Archive link building N940007
ENGLISH HERITAGE ARCHIVE, Swindon, Wiltshire. Interior view of the English Heritage Archive, link building.
Eltham Palace J990131
ELTHAM PALACE, London. Interior view through the double doors from the Dining Room to the Entrance Hall.
Chiswick House J040116
CHISWICK HOUSE, London. Interior view of the Tribunal.
J. W. Evans N080192
J.W.EVANS, 52-57 Albion Street, Birmingham, West Midlands. Interior view of the Silversmiths factory. No.56, 1st floor staircase.
Tulip staircase, Queen's House AA98_06118
QUEEN'S HOUSE, Romney Road, Greenwich, London. Interior detail view of Queen's House, Greenwich showing a tulip / spiral staircase. Photographed by Eric de Mare. Date range: 1945 - 1980.
Dining Room fireplace, Eltham Palace J990127
ELTHAM PALACE, Greenwich, London. Interior view. The Dining Room fireplace.
Great Hall, Eltham Palace N100727
ELTHAM PALACE, London. Interior view. Detail of the Great Hall showing hammerbeam roof.
Canova - Napoleon as Mars the Peacemaker J040041
APSLEY HOUSE, London. Interior view of the principal staircase with the statue of Napoleon holding a figure of Victory by Antonio CANOVA (1757-1822). 'Napoleon as Mars the Peacemaker'. The statue was originally commissioned from the celebrated Italian sculptor by Napoleon himself. In 1816, after Napoleon's downfall, it was presented to the 1st Duke of Wellington by the Prince Regent (later George IV).
John Rylands Library BL15845
JOHN RYLANDS LIBRARY, Deansgate, Manchester. Interior, looking east from the gallery. The library was completed in 1899 to the designs of architect Basil Champneys, and was commissioned by Enriqueta Augustina Rylands in memory of her late husband. The library is a fine example of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture. It later became part of the University of Manchester. Photographed by Bedford Lemere and Co. in 1900.
John Rylands Library BL15862
JOHN RYLANDS LIBRARY, Deansgate, Manchester. Interior view, showing a staircase and architectural details as seen from a half-landing. The library was completed in 1899 to the designs of architect Basil Champneys, and was commissioned by Enriqueta Augustina Rylands in memory of her late husband. The library is a fine example of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture. Photographed by Bedford Lemere and Co. in 1900.
Striped Drawing Room, Apsley House J050011
APSLEY HOUSE, London. Interior view of the Striped Drawing Room looking towards the Dining Room.
Crystal Palace entrance arcade AA98_06470
CRYSTAL PALACE, Sydenham, Greater London. Interior view showing the entrance arcade from the station below the Crystal Palace Parade. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1945 and 1980.
Stairwell, University of Birmingham AA98_05526
Department of Commerce and Social Science, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands. Interior view. Looking up a stairwell towards the domed ceiling in the Department of Commerce and Social Science at Birmingham University. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1964 and 1980.
Blackfriars, Gloucester J970173
BLACKFRIARS, Gloucester, Gloucestershire. 1997, interior view of church nave and North transept looking West.
The Saloon, Audley End House DD58_00096
AUDLEY END HOUSE, Essex. Interior view. The saloon was created within the Jacobean House in the 1760s by Sir John Griffin Griffin to display the portraits of his ancestors, which can be seen here in their arched frames. The ornate plaster ceiling is decorated with ships and sea monsters. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere in 1891.